March 27, 2007

Frame Start

After slinging paint, I have switched gears into precision mode.

I have a plank of mahogany... and now the beginnings of a frame.

I do not have a router. I cut the 45's by hand, then trimmed with my secret tool.

This cross cut should look good once I finish it.

If nothing else, if I don't frame... I will dang appreciate a good framer.

Sometimes I wonder how I am doing all this.

If you are into woodworking I got this book on "Joinery". It is *the coolest* book. Something seemingly simple and taken for granted, sticking two boards together. Who would have thunk it???

Dang, there are a bazillion programmers... I need to quit my day job... this evening job is eating my lunch...

I think if I get Picasso's "The Old Guitarist" in this frame it'll be a work of art... I mean all the way... well at least at this point...

However the wood's scene "Birder" or "Malek's Sticks"... Or that beach... I'm very happy with all those still... They are actually growing on me while most of the others seem like learning exercises.

I dunno. I'm yacking.

Had fun roasting marshmallows with Kaley tonight. Long story short, I told her about Nixon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That will be one beautiful frame! Maybe in a few years I will go back to teaching and you can quit your day job.

Keith said...

Maybe so... but going to the moon isn't half bad.

And Mars! How could I miss out on that?