April 14, 2007

The Window At Big Bend

Took this last night.

Worked on a painting of it all day yesterday, but it looks kinda cartoonish or over-the-top. Need to work on it. I'll post the painting later. I'm a bit unhappy with it. The size (36x24) was overwhelming for me.

I only did this one painting. Since I did this in the Basin, I had a lot of curious onlookers, mostly retired people. It was a good conversation piece. I like older people. They are fun to speak with.

Now I'm embarrassed because the painting is like screaming... I AM THE WINDOW AT BIG BEND!!!

Spent some time in the desert alone. That was good. Got some time to air out.

Also hiked to the top of Emory Peak. It was about a nine mile hike (round-trip) with an elevaton gain of about 2200 feet (0 feet round-trip --- what's the point!). That is steep. I felt like I am still in decent shape... but I am unsure how I am in shape... but whatever... It must be all the twitching in my computer chair.

I have more I could say, but don't want to clutter the screen.

No comments: