November 27, 2007

Spoonbill - Work Around

When I first began this company, tried to hire a genius named Mark. I was peeved that other companies could hire with little or no questions, but me being small and new... I couldn't even hire a genius with all the right qualifications... Even went out-of-the-box and signed on with another company which had different work where he'd certainly be needed... but seems they didn't want a genius either.

Ha! Somehow or the other, Mark and I are meeting on Friday outside the gates of NASA to discuss some work that somehow we are doing together. By coincidence, Mark is working the same project for another company... and we've just about been pushed into each other to work. Mark won't be a "Spoonie", but actually, through his company, he has more leverage for doing what we need to do, and that's the point all along.

All I need now is Dr. Shults and Mr. Radke... and long shot Mr. Trunick... and extremely long shot Dr. Holcomb. It's just a dream... but I'm allowed to do that... huh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you need me for?

Keith said...

Simulation. All the CS. High-level UML design thinking. Web stuff, like file sharing, web services, XSLT/XML/DOM/Ajax/CSS, interfacing with other databases. Uh. Contact modeling (maybe algebraic geometry). Maybe W3 compliant X3D model stuff.

It'd actually be fun to do some kind of joint venture between your school and NASA. Maybe some kinda optimizer or solution finder for a simulation problem. Currently, for the most part, we use brute force monte carlo.

Really, we need people that work and enjoy the grunge.

I don't know... I just know it'd be good.