December 4, 2007

Sober

Just wrote a friend:

I was just corrected by a friend. It was good.

Self correction tends to nit-pick on things you can't really control, and brings about depression. Correction from a person who is interested in controlling your action for their own purposes causes a flight-or-fight response. Correction from a well-meaning person, but unwise, can be disastrous, because it has the right components --- almost... just the wrong answers. And I suppose there can be a combination of all those.

It is rare to find people who are wise and caring at the same time. Think this is why I treasure your friendship so much.

And in thinking about myself running a company, I'll echo Tool:


I am just a worthless liar.
I am just an imbecile.
I will only complicate you.
Trust in me and fall as well.
I will find a center in you.
I will chew it up and leave.
I will work to elevate you
Just enough to bring you down.
Trust me.
Trust me.

No comments: