September 27, 2009

Dissed By Alan Bean

Finished the drawings I started last weekend at the Museum of fine arts in Houston. Today was the start of a new exhibition. The moon! It was a mix of technology and art. I had no idea the museum was putting this on. They had all sorts of paintings from Edvard Munch to our own Alan Bean. It turned out that Mr. Bean was doing a book signing. After doing this drawing, I was hoping he would sign my drawing board. While I stood in line with a few people, a lady asked me if I was standing in line for Mr. Bean. I told her that I worked at NASA, draw at the Museum, didn't know about the new exhibition and thought it would be neat if Mr. Bean could sign my drawing board with the drawing you see. She said that Mr. Bean only signs books. At that moment, many thoughts went through my head... the most juvenile of which was, "..." Well it was stupid. Some things are best left unsaid.

I just thought, "Maybe, just maybe." Wrong as usual, Vetter.

No comments: