September 20, 2009

MFAH - Bellows & Sargeant

I didn't finish this. The real one is by John Bellows. First time that somebody drew close to me. A lady did an excellent job of her favorite: John Singer Sargeant.

Prior to drawing, I enjoyed the new collection from ancient Viet Nam.

This is the first time I've used charcoal in a while. Fun to let go some.

One lady came by and explained to her daughter that I was doing a tonal study, and that most likely I would go home and paint it.

Make this picture full screen on your computer... Look into her eyes... Look at the lace... Negative and positive... Light and shadow... The hard shadow jagged on her chest...

I have to say that. It is my blog. it is true, much of it was a tonal study, but I am trying to do much more than that... One day! One day!

I know, I need some birds in there.

No comments: