September 3, 2010

Preparing For Washington

We wrote the guys at Ross Lake to get fly fishing tips.

He sent this back "Hi Kim - you are going to love visiting the resort and the surrounding lake. I too am a fly fishing newbie and Tom Barnett suggested that I stock some egg sucking leeches and troll those close to shore with the fly line. I had several flies that looked like small 2 inch minnows that I had several hard strikes but I wasn't quick enough to set the barbless hooks and I lost them."

Remember to bring all your food, drink etc.

If you are driving in from I-5 you can stop at the National Park Headquarters in Sedro-Wooley - they have an excellent bookstore there and they can answer any questions you have thought of on the t...rip. - I just bought a book on falcons and raptors there less than 2 hours ago.

Also visit the NP visitors center in Newhalem. Good exhibits and books to buy.

Remember to give yourself plenty of time. You do not want to miss the boat. It is over a mile hike in from hiway 20 and if you have a lot of stuff to carry - food, drinks etc. well you won't want to do it - unless the plan was to backpack in all along.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I am soooooooo excited! :-)