October 22, 2010

Dump Truck, Work/Meds, Annie Etc.

Just back from a couple hours at the creek with Kovi.  He practiced casting with the Zebco Mark gave him.  I tried a couple of flies - nada.  After fishing, we played diggers and dump truck.  We got a lot of "rocks" off the remnants of a dilapidated road.  Kovi enjoyed it and wants to go back tomorrow.  I do too :-)

I'm so down about work right now.  I like what I do - I think.  I am happy to be employed.  It all seems pointless and whimsical.  It has seemed that way for a long time - with ups and downs.  The more time I spend with Kaley and Kovi, the more I want to be with them.  While playing today, I thought how unwasteful time spent with them feels compared to work.

I sometimes wish I would have quit the first time I tried.  I'm in a catch-22.  Honestly, I think the only thing that keeps me working is the medication I'm on.  I think that may be true.  It probably isn't, but if so, isn't it kinda weird to do something where you need happy medicine to keep you doing it?

Kaley is headed in for her Annie show.  Kovi, Kim and Jacob are going.  I'm home alone.  Kaley is staying the night with a friend so we'll miss our "show time" tonight :(

Hmmm.

We all ate together tonight and talked about Ross Lake - our favorite memories there.  What a great trip...

And what a loooooooooooooong strange trip it's beeeeeen....

No comments: