December 8, 2010

Random 4334

My dad is coming up next Tuesday to help push me through on the kitchen.  Thanks, Diane!

I fished in the cold waters in Galveston Bay yesterday.

There are these barge-like-mad-max-meets-plywood boats that go in and out of Moses Lake to the bay.  Yesterday, after two passed, I began paddling on my knees to cross.  While directly in the middle of the pass, another came barreling through the gate.  I have this weird fear of being crushed by a boat, going under, holding my breath and finally getting caught in the propellers.  I dropped on my surf board, backpack on, and paddled in a panic.

On the oystershell beach, I hunched over and caught my breath.  I was now mad that I had soaked myself.  I then reminded myself that I was alive and not sausaged by propellers.  No matter.  Lots of mushrooms in the cow patties.  I went to the island, which was not an island, as it was low tide.  Saw the tv again.  Fished again.  Got dark.  With head lamp on, I paddled back across.  Got in a semi-panic... it's just kinda spookie when you don't know what the current is doing - in the dark and cold.

In the car.  I turned it to "Legends Of Country" - 97.1.  Charlie Pride sang "No one knows what goes on behind closed doors..."  I drove extra careful - as I'm on probation for the last ticket.  People flew by me.

I got home and was, as I told Kim, in the "blue zone".  I had been up since 3:00am - worked 11 hours by, what?  Whenever.

TV on Oystershells.  No fish, if there were any.  No one know what goes on behind closed doors.  Dang, trout.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In order for your mother to not be in a panic, please promise the world that you will NOT be in the water in the dark again!!!!!

Keith said...

I think it's safer in the dark. The boats quit running then.