April 16, 2011

More Boat Thoughts

The question is, "How simple can you get where it still works?"

The dude is even pretending he's fishing.  It's kind of like pretending you are going to Mars or the Moon or an Asteroid.

Okay.  My latest thought is, "I just want to build the dumbest dummerer boat without a clue, just start something stupid... start small... just make it float... well maybe... I mean if it just sinks will I not learn very quickly that floating is a magical thing?"

What's the dumbest thing that will work?

Before people were into "wikis", I stumbled on them trying to convince my software team to use them.  Why?  Wikis were the dumbest most dead solid stupid easy way to create web pages that the guys could think of.  Wiki means "fast" in Hawaiian.  The dumberer the betterer.  But not so dumb.  Just barely smart enough, that's smart.

There's a lot to know about boats.  The way I like to learn is by plunging in cluelessly with my own hands. I think the reason for that is half the fun is doing it dumb and learning the smaller things.

If I could make the boat that guy is standing in - I'd be fishing in it right now, not dreaming of making one.  People like that goofy dude make the world go 'round.

Here's to the magic of wind and water... and the creatures swimming in that other mysterious world below the surface...

No comments: