May 6, 2011

Johnny Cash And Boss Hog On Columbo

Last time Columbo mixed Zeb Walton and Spock.  This time he threw in Johnny Cash and Boss Hog who was wearing Elton John's shades.

These are very odd combinations.  In my own very strange sense of things I find it intensely faux real, these stark juxtapositions - like Madonna at McDonalds or Prince Charles farming organically in a tattered sweater.

Like Charlie Sheen being C H A R L I E S H E E N.

Pickles and cheese, please.  Hold the salmon eggs. Zip --- shhhhwip.  Deekle. Dat! Bzzzt.

But listen to Cash strum the guitar - and that, my dear blog reader, is the right stuff... not that the other isn't fun.

PS: My parents are up... got to fish with my dad today.  They tried to charge us $5 to go to Moses Lake. I looked at the guy and said, "Goodbye Texas City"  He said, "It's all good."  My dad said, "No it ain't"  He said, "And stay off the 'sky way' too"

No comments: