June 4, 2011

Lazy Saturday

I don't know if this is exactly a typical Saturday, but here's what's going on:
  1. Read this morning about boat building - specifically wood, metals, electrolysis (or galvanization???), different sorts of metals for hardware, hot dip .vs. electroplating etc.
  2. Took Kaley to Upstage Arts for an audition for a play called "13"
  3. Kim wanted me to go to Maas Nursery to get leaf mold compost and some other dirt that is more expensive than dirt.  Maas Nursery makes me want to work in my backyard.
  4. On the way back I fished in a creek and sight cast to a crab 30 feet away and put him on the line - that was fun.  Also found that one of the eyes (curly s eyes) is broken on my #5 flyrod.  It has a lifetime guarantee, I just never deal with stuff like that...  I'd rather not fish than deal with it :(  Think I'll buy a $700 rod next time that just won't break unless I slam it in a door ---- gosh what an awful thought!
  5. Got in car and stopped again at a tiny "park".  Watched birds feeding on bait fish and watched bait fish flying out of the water.  Was too far out to cast.  *Really* wish I had a way to get out on the water.  Feeling land locked.  I want to chase the running schools of fish and go from spot to spot.
  6. At home now.  Katelyn and Kat are helping Kim plant seeds in the garden.  Mickey and Kovi are running around in the house dressed up like Power Rangers and Superman or something.
I am fairly sure that it will cost more to build a boat than to buy one.  I wish there was a "traveling boat builder teacher" that would come to your house and help you build one.  I think sometimes I get tired of teaching myself stuff.  Wish I had a friend that liked that sort of thing.  I don't mind working and spending the extra money - I just don't know about figuring out each little thing - hmmmm... this must be tired Keith talking :-)  Beer?

No comments: