July 2, 2011

Katelyn's Fly

After cleaning up my gear, two kids dropped in - Katelyn and Kat.  Long story short, I showed them how to make a wooly bugger.  Katelyn is the intensely curious one.  Turns out that her dad is a science teacher.  Kat, on the other hand, had this look of fear like she might melt out exhaustion just seeing a fly tied.  She said, "It's so complicated!"  She proceeded to put the very same mustache on which I did for "the colonel" below.

The great thing about making a fly is that as soon as you make it you wonder if it works so you go out.  There ya go!  Every one of these sunfish are different.  I really enjoy fishing for them.

In one hour or so I am going to get picked up to go to Pearland for a poker game.  My head is not into poker right now... I'm more thinking, "I wonder if they have any food?"

1 comment:

Kim said...

Look at that sunfish! Nice! So Katelyn's father is a science teacher...I may want to talk to him!