July 30, 2011

Saturday

Just back from "Woodcrafters".
Went there to get advice on the tablesaw motor that quit running.  They highly recommended I go to "Circle Saw" up on Ella and 610.

It was real good being there in person.

I'm becoming more and more of a fan of epoxy.  Got a little book on epoxy which is put out by a company, System Three, that specializes in epoxy - especially in the light of boat building.

I spoke with the wood guy about wood bending.  He hadn't done it but suggested thin strips and laminating.

On the way home, stopped by Bass Pro.  Got this excellent book on fly tying.  You know, I think I know what I'd like for my birthday - a nice hook vice.  Before anybody jumps to get me that... the young fly tyer at Bass Pro is the guy I'd talk to before purchasing one.

Backyard Ballistics came in the mail today too.  Looks like a fun Saturday :-)

PS: Kaley went with me to Woodcrafter's and Bass Pro.  I really enjoyed her company.  We talked about next year's school - the science "magnet" program, sports, music, theater etc.

No comments: