November 7, 2011

The Ungoogled Subconscious

One last thought.  When we play catch with the football, we can't google the angle and force to throw the ball.  I mean we probably could.  I'm sure somebody has a website with a program that will tell us what spin to put on the ball, how hard to throw it... depending on weather.com's current conditions...  There's probably an "app" out there for that too on a 4G network.  Still, google isn't fast enough yet to help me play catch in realtime.  I'm not saying it can't play catch for me with some robot!  I'm just not good enough to read it and do exactly what it tells me that fast.  I'm not saying they won't eventually plug me in and make me a super player!  I know, google can do it... and apple... and microsoft and Linux might even do it one day... Who knows me better than apple?  Okay!  I know I just don't get the power of your phone.  I'm stone age.  I'm not that good... google is.  And they have good stock, right?

Anyhow!

My point is... the knowledge I like to operate on is that knowledge that I really am not aware of... my hands just do the work...  I like it when things just come to me.  The background behind that sort of knowledge is practice. It's when the play soaks in... and you get lost in motion and do the work.

In order to practice something, you have to adopt it... get soaked in it... live it... toil with it.

Maybe what I mean is that the difference between old-school books and google type stuff is that the books pointed to something else... and the info net points to itself and goes in circles and is fluffy (obviously not all of it)

Hmmmm... I sorta lost what I meant... not sure... i'll just post.

1 comment:

Keith said...

I wish I could give everybody a ride in the Vetter Head Cockpit. There's a lot of voices. They all want me to DO something... all the time... DO something... The Vetter Head has to say NO a lot to DO.