March 19, 2011

If Neil Peart Got Old

It's two sticks and some round things. Tappy tap tap --- boom boom.  I need to retire.  I suppose I could retire.  Still, it's fun to roll with a gig once in a while.

Anybody have a beer? I'm thirsty.  The king needs a fargin' beer!  Vodka?  Some of those painkillers.  And a slab of meat to stuff in my gut. Somethin' to lay a good turd!  Like I said, or somebody said, 'It's better to burn out  than fade away.'

What I like doing these days is  repeating myself over and over and over again.  It's simple.  It pays well.  More importantly, I can sit back and sorta doze off.

We do need inspiration.  Lady GaGa.  She's cool.  She's pretty hot too.  Lady Gaga.  Shake that boodie!

I like doing benefit concerts these days.  I got more drum sets than you can shake a stick at!

Back in the day I had a snare and a cow bell - that was it!  Those were the days when rock was rock - freaking rock!

Word!  Quit downloading my shnizzle off the web!

I need a fleet of drummers. Not that I'm not already set - Setter!  I don't need fans.  I need investors.

Buy Peart stickers!!!

Besides, I kinda look like Tom Hanks! I'm thinking I could double as Tom Hanks or Tom Hanks could double as me!

One thing about rock is the dope.  There's no age too old when gettin' doped isn't cool.  Like I said, you don't need drumsticks to rock.  Rock is a state of mind, and the gateway to that state is dope.  I for heaven's sakes don't need drumsticks; I need a stick of reefer.

I'm done.

---------------------------------------------------------

Get real.  Go Neil!

2 comments:

Kim said...

That would suck. Glad Neil never said all that! :-)
Rock on!

Keith said...

I just rewrote this entry as it was very wordy... and long... which was what I sorta meant to do... but realized I couldn't even reread it at all...