March 19, 2011

Neil Peart Kept Going

It was about 10:15pm.  I watched Neil Peart do a drum solo back in his hey day.  I saw another link, a thirty year anniversary drum solo.  I almost didn't click it fearing Neil Peart would have gotten old and sucky.  My fears were completely completely dispelled.  Neil Peart never stopped getting better.  It's inspiring.

Neil Peart Drum Solo

I think Neil Peart is in his own drumming world living up to his legend like Picasso (self portait here --- he kept going, just somewhere else, and he kept going, freaking genius - they never got caught in their success, never stopped experimenting, never stopped wondering what was around the next corner, never saw an end to variation, never stopped being human, never stopped giving - I love these guys).

And I tell you what, because of Neil Peart and a really fun time last night that started somewhere close to 10:15pm, I hereby promise I will not drink any alcoholic beverage, at least, until Lent is over.  Here's why.  It's because Neil isn't done, and I'm not done!  I love you, Neil!

Robert, here's one of my favorites.

PS: I'm not Catholic, anybody know when Lent is over?

And if u can't get enough of neil... here's another drum solo for a buddy rich tribute

8 comments:

Kim said...

Cool! Lent is over on Easter morning.
Is that portrait how you feel with a hangover? I tried to listen to the drum solo but there are too many distractions and background noises...I want to listen when I can really hear it....will try again late. See you tonight!!!

Keith said...

I edited this post multiple times. Actually, I feel good. Easter! Okay, Easter, at least, it is then. See you tonight. Wait to listen to the drum solo here. The speakers work really well.

Keith said...

What time on Easter morning :P

Kim said...

Okay...I will...the song I remember loving as a teenager is Tom Sawyer.
Awesome! See you in a few hours! I talked to my Dad on Skype last night. It was really great to see him and I can understand both him and Carol much better when I can see them...maybe we could get Skype...

Keith said...

Is Lint really spelled Lent? I should know this stuff. Good grief.

Keith said...

Kim, when do I need to be in Austin?

Kim said...

Yes, it is Lent... We will be home around 6, but the key will be in the closet, so whenever! You can eevn come later if you want. Your parents want to take the kids to their house for awhile, then my Mom will watch them until 10 or so...

Robert said...

Great video. Subdivisions was my first favorite Rush tune. All 3 of Rush are playing at the top of their game today in their late 50's. We saw them in Austin a few years back. They are an amazing example of many years of hard work compounded.