June 20, 2011

Milling For Square

This evening I took a piece of Cherry Wood that was a toss out for being such a bad piece of wood and milled it --- well sorta, it's 90% there.

At "the doctor" today, I read more on boat building and decided I needed to make a square for lofting. "The doctor" asked what I was reading.  I showed him my Boat Building Book (BBB).  He asked if it was going to be a wooden boat.  I said, "Yes, I have tools and stuff".  He said, "I know... see your couch on the couch?"

I turned around and there on the couch was a hand carved couch on the couch couch.  I carved that couch some 4 years ago!  On the wooden couch was a figurine of Woody.

"The doctor" thinks I don't think like most people.  I told him, "I'm not trying to be oppositional to be oppositional for oppositionalsake's sake... but everything I do I end up doing it different(ly)... I mean I saw a dragonfly... and I was like - Yes!  I'm going to flyfish!  That's what it was!"

You gotta love a doctor that will tell you, "You just see things differently.  You're not different to be different."  I told him, "They all say it's gay. Like wearing European Speedos instead of surfing trunks.  I'm an outcast now."  And he said, "I like listening to Jimmy Buffet and Buffet likes to bonefish".  And then "the doctor" writes a scrip in advance - I mean way in advance of the normal Rx writing... and I'm like, "Dude!"

But then he downs it all with the things I gotta get checked as "it's time":
  1. high blood pressure
  2. the dang gland in my butt (what's that thing that kills everybody, especially cyclists???)
  • The message is:
    If the slow killer doesn't kill you, the timebomb in your butt will
    PS: While in the waiting room I heard people with real problems... other than just being stupid... and I was like "crap, there are people with real issues, not just wankers like me"

    2 comments:

    Kim said...

    I think it's the prostrate and I don't think it's in your butt.

    Keith said...

    Thanks, Kim!