July 11, 2011

Heel Pain

Last October, I posted that I hurt my heel while painting the Annie set.  I've been limping for  8 months.  Every step hurt every time.  I got three heel injections with minor improvement which turned back to full on pain.

I decided that maybe my nice hiking boots might be causing the trouble.  In a move of desperation I started walking barefooted in grass or with flip flops... I won't go into my reasoning.

Kim was prescribed some medicine and she gave it to me.  Finally, the combination of barefoot/flipflops and her medicine started working.

This weekend I left my flipflops at the beach house.  My only other pair of shoes are the *expensive* hiking boots.  Everything was okay I thought... then *wwwwwwwwwwwham* --- it felt like a thick rubber band snapped in the bottom of my foot.

Now, all the pain is back and I'm limping all over the place.  It really bumbs me out.  I hope the setback is temporary.  I just want to run around again.  It's so much fun to walk without limping and hurting :(

No comments: