August 7, 2011

Following A Story

In a day of blips
And facebook
Disconnected friends
Disconnected stories
Images flying past
Blurs
Monday again

How do I share?

Like today
Running with a huge fish
In my hands
Along a trail
Just to say
Can you believe it?
On this tiny fly!
The tiny fly I made!

On my #3!
The one I saved for
The one I gave myself
For not drinking beer
A month for Lent

Along the trail
That my son
And I worked on
Earlier this year!


In the heat of a dry August
The day before I'm 44
I thought I was going to die
I mean I died!

And I'm here
I'm fishing!
I just bent wood into a circle!
I mean I'm the "square guy"!

And I'll build a net!
A fishing net!

And mostly, on a negative note
The response is zero
Deadline
Because people are tired
Of chasing
And looking
And fishing
And getting
And not getting
And already having
And not having
Already done
Just done that
Over
Zero
Deadline

So!
Off to the bay!
Got an hour of daylight!

The story isn't over
Need a new paragraph
A new chapter!

See if we can squeeze in a couple sentences
Before sunset :-)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Woohoo! So happy for you, for us. :)