April 25, 2011

Is My Grizzly Saddle Hackle In Steven Tyler's Hair?

At the bottom of my post about Moose Hairs, I wrote:
Now all I need is two grizzly saddle hackle feathers.

I haven't been able to find them. Just back from Bass Pro. Not to stereotype, but a not-so-fly-fishing-looking lady was buying the store out of feathers.

Turns out that it's because of American Idol that I can't find the feathers I need to build Clouser mayflies. Is that not a crazy cross section???

(later --- just fished with Kaley using one of my mayflies.  I told her, I betcha I missed that one fish because of Steven Freaking Tyler.  That's crazy!)

Look at the way he's smiling.  He's smiling because he knows he is messing with me.  That's an evil genius at work.  There's so many levels of indirection there that I can never ever trace it to him.  My only consolation is that I upset the man.

Two can play that game.  Come on.  Round one - Tyler.... k

No comments: