April 25, 2011

Three Months No Beer For A #7 Saltwater?

I asked the guy in the fly department when it came to a Sage #7 Saltwater rod with a fine reel, "Would you quit drinking beer for 2 months for this one or dig deep and go 4 for this one?"  He said that he couldn't afford to drink beer so he quit, plus he left a rod on top of his car once and he's paying penance.

So I changed it to, "Would you wait 2 mos for this or 4 mos for that (the one that made him drool)?"

His wires crossed and he turned red... he grabbed the back of his head and pulled his hair, "Well, the summer is coming...ohhh"  Then his eyes darted off into space, "But then there is f-a-l-l."  It's a tossup!  You're going to have to decide that one.

We talked a lot.  He's got me thinking about a kayak.  He's got me excited about catching a redfish one day on the flyrod - on the Bentley.

So... 3 months no beer would give me the points for that I think.  This is how AA should be.  I'm under my own sobriety program.  It's called "Fun Fishing" or FF.

PS: OH!  I just forgot to say I had a blast on my new #3 that I dreamed about some months ago :-)

No comments: