October 20, 2010

Bullmastifs, Guns, Dreams, Mansions And Knots

Visited the hospital yesterday.  One of Kaley's friends was mauled by three bullmastifs.  She's having surgery today.  It wasn't that long ago that a friend of Kaley's was killed in a hunting accident - shot by her own grandpa.

The night before last I had a good dream - a significant one.  I have a reoccurring dream that I am in college and  have forgotten to go to all my classes.  It's the day for finals and I am in a panic.  In this dream, a bunch of teachers were throwing a party for me.   Not only that, they were supportive - told me I looked tired, told me to rest etc.  I had doubts about one class and the teacher showed me my work and said it was all straight.  At the end of the dream, I was in some ceremony receiving an award.  I woke up elated.  The dream was significant for me.  The post the other day came to mind along with  something I said to Mark.  In a nutshell, I was happy for other's success.  That thought felt like some last part of some long passage.  It stayed with me all day.

Last night I had a bad dream.  I was with friends.  Must have been World War II because at some point, marching through a forest, I saw Japanese bombers in the distance.... and my friends and I were all captured and became POWs.  After being hauled to a camp somewhere in a jungle one of the soldiers began firing.  He shot one in our group.  He was making a point about this "American Made" item he had found.  The man was shot because he touched it.  Turns out it was mine.  I thought, if he kills that guy for touching this thing, what is he going to do to me since I own it???  That's when I woke up.  When you witness a random act of violence, you wonder when you'll be next.

In the driveway, yesterday, I told the neighbor kid that I got to be in a mansion last weekend.  She said that she has two friends that are going to "juvey" for being in a mansion.  I told her that I was invited.

I am painting a mansion today for Annie.  Taking off a day of work and will work this weekend to make up for it.

On Ross Lake, one of my most memorable moments was tying a knot in a boat.  I was alone, the sun was warm... all seemed right.  Yesterday, I made more leaders and tied knots.  I love making blood knots.  Something about seeing the lines coil and tighten... and it holds... looks neat... feels solid.  I thought, hmmm, I wonder if this is why people knit???  I can see liking that.

No comments: